The Blackpool Corporation tramway opened on 29th September 1885, becoming the first electric street tramway seen in Britain. In 1898, The Blackpool and Fleetwood Electric Tramroad Company built a separate line and started running a tramroad service from Fleetwood to Blackpool North Railway Station before its take-over in 1920 by Blackpool Corporation.
Since bus deregulation in 1986, the trams and buses have been operated by Blackpool Transport Services Ltd., a subsidiary of Blackpool Council. The tramway infrastructure is now owned by Blackpool Council, while the trams themselves are owned and operated by Blackpool Transport. By 2010, the Tramway will have been operating for 125 years and this particular tram for half of those.
Every model in The Original Omnibus Company is recreated in 1:76 scale and includes a numbered, Limited Edition certificate. The range includes both modern and classic buses and coaches from some of the best known British manufactures and operators. Shop here