Thursday, September 30, 2010

MORRIS MINOR (COLIN MOLES) '1990 LONDON TO PEKING MOTOR CHALLANGE'



This model represent’s the Morris Minor was driven by Colin Moles in the London to Peking Motor Challenge in 1990. The Asia Minor successfully completed 9462 miles from Marble Arch to the Gates of Peking in 56 days, following the ancient Silk Routes of Marco Polo. This was the first time that Europeans had driven across the Soviet Union and China since Prince Scipione Borghese won the Peking to Paris race in 1907.


Morris Minor: Manufactured 1962 Engine: 4 cylinder CU. Capacity: 1275cc Max Speed: 95mph Braking: Disc/Drum

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MODELS OF YESTERYEAR - Y12C FORD MODEL T




Based on the undying and sturdy Model T chassis, this robust and efficient van served many a tradesman thoughout the 1910’s and 1920’s


The basic shape not changing for almost 20 years. Scale 1:35

Monday, September 27, 2010

BRUMM 1/43 ALFA ROMEO 1750 (1930) CENTENARY COPPA MALINO-SANREMO

Founded as an adventurous " walk " of the Milanese to the shores sunny of the Riviera, after a long, gray winter on the plain , this charming regularity race featured the racing four-wheel , Milan and elsewhere, for a long period of time ranging mostly between the thirties and early seventies. The regularity race Milan-Sanremo Cup has been a debut nothing less than at the beginning car , its first edition , in fact , was held April 2, 1906 and other initiatives motor of the period rather than a race was a march of resistance. The event was revived in 1929 to continue with a break in 1936 until the outbreak of World War II when the Coppa Milano -Sanremo , as virtually all competitive activities , was suspended. In 1948, while Milan was heal the serious wounds inflicted by war, the Coppa Milano -Sanremo returned to light again and was greeted with great enthusiasm. Over the years , the event attracted not only Italian competitors , but also crews women and foreign . The success of women's participation was such that for some years was organized a race , reserved for ladies , called " The Pearl of Sanremo - Ladies' Cup . " In the following years until 1973 , the Coppa Milano- Sanremo kept his scheme by adding some thrills on the track at the Autodromo di Monza , and with the inclusion of the circuit Ospedaletti, the accuracy tests and ran uphill. The increase in traffic, but also a different relationship the public and of users with the car after the oil crisis and austerity , took this kind of events to the decline , but leaving fans an indelible memory that can now relive thanks the historical re-enactments . After thirty years of silence, the Coppa Milano -Sanremo has reignited its engines in 2003 and in 2006 celebrated its anniversary and its fourth commemoration came today at the seventh. (From http://www.brumm.itShop here

SCHUCO 1:43 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF

The Volkswagen Golf has been a best seller worldwide since Volkswagen started making them in 1974. More than 25 million have been built so far. The current Golf was designed by Volkswagen's chief designer Walter de'Silva, with design cues inspired from the previous generations of the Golf. The design is more aerodynamic, helping fuel efficiency, and is quieter than its predecessor. New on the Golf, is the optional Volkswagen Adaptive Chassis Control, which will allow the driver to select between normal, comfort and sports modes, which will vary the suspension, steering and accelerator behavior accordingly. Introduced for sale in Europe in January 2009, the latest Golf went on sale in North America in Fall 2009. Shop here

Friday, September 24, 2010

DINKY - DY7 CADILLAC COUPE DE VILLE

This is DY7 Cadillac Coupe De Ville in pink - rear light cluster picked out in silver, with the lights in red, and improvement to the rear bumper. Shop here

DINKY - DY26 STUDEBAKER GOLDEN HAWK

Matchbox Collecibles offered a series of cars which had already been released as part of The Dinky Collection on general sale. At a casual glance these could well have been the identical models, but closer inspection reveals that upgrading of the product has occurred.

This is DY26 Studebaker Golden Hawk in gold -rear of fin painted silver; rear lights picked out in red and white. Shop here

Sunday, September 19, 2010

CMC 1/18 - 1936 AUTO UNION TYPE C


This racing car developed by Ferdinand Porsche wrote racing history right away like almost no other racing car had done before: In 1936 Auto Union presented with the Type C a monoposto which was almost totally different from all the other racing cars known so far. What stood out especially was the unconventional design of the sensational 16 cylinder V engine installed behind the driver and in front of the rear axle, an innovation which soon became the accepted thing. This high performance racing car was above all so successful because the bullet with 520 hp was driven by a highly talented racing driver: Bernd Rosemeyer. 1936 was his most successful year when he became European Champion and won numerous Grand Prix. In 1937 the new ace of the Auto Union could keep his main competitor, Mercedes-Benz, in check as well and was able to continue his successful career with five further wins. At the beginning of 1938, however, his career came to an abrupt and tragical end by a fatal accident which occurred during the attempt of breaking the speed world record. After the end of the Second World War, the remaining racing cars in Zwickau had to be handed over as reparation payment to the Soviet-Union. It is still unknown to what exactly happened to the racing cars after that day. The Auto Union Type C is hand assembled from 1026 parts to an extra class precision model. The single parts are of high-quality materials: 23 parts are zinc die-cast, 754 of metal, copper, or are photo-etched and 153 are made of plastic. The remaining 96 parts are screws, rivets or indicated screw heads. This model, wearing starting number 4, is a limited-edition of 5,000 pieces. Bernd Rosemeyer drove #4 to victory in the 1936 Grand Prix of Germany. Shop here

Saturday, September 18, 2010

OXFORD DIECAST 1/43 WALL'S ICE CREAM



A Walls Ice Cream van, but this time the Mini. This version does contain a serving area in the rear. We do still have letters on the ANG002 Walls Anglia about the rear interior section not having a serving section. This is actually correct as the driver would stop the vehicle and serve ice creams by standing on the pavement. The ANG003 was a development that actually avoided this problem and designed in correctly the wash basins. The ANG002 had been in service for a short time when it was discovered that it contravened health regulations. The nearside door was removed and ‘skinned’ over and a sink was added on the inside of the door. Apparently the work was done in three Walls depots and in one of these properties years later they found 200 left hand doors stored away - almost 20 years later. As mentioned in the last Globe there will be new Anglia variants that will be issued in the New Year with modified tooling. Plus a surprise Ice Cream variant in April !!!

Friday, September 17, 2010

THE HATRA TRACTOR SHOVEL



The Hatra Tractor Shovel (69b) was originally painted orange with grey tyres on orange hubs. The tyres were soon changed to black and, for a time, the hubs were red until the whole until the whole model was changed to yellow. Some crossovers have been noted in colours between the body and shovel as well as red wheels on yellow bodies and vice-versa, but these are not easy to find and may have been produced by accident. The base on early models had a square cover over the rear axle differential, whilst later models had a round cover with a hole over the rear differential. Later versions of the orange Hatras, and all yellow versions, were fitted with shovel arm braces.—Model Collector

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

VANGUARDS 'POLICE PANDA CARS OF THE 1960s' SET





Lledo’s ‘Police Panda Cars of the 1960s’ set is a two model affair, limited to 5,000. The Ford Anglia is of the Metropolitan Police and comes with Police roof box. It really does look the part and is an important and is an important addition to Police model collections as it was this car that first bore that blue and white livery in Lancasshire in 1965.
The Austin Mini is from the Hampshire Constabulary and was one of that force’s first ever Panda cars, based in Basingstoke. On the lid of the box you can clearly see the authentic registration numbers on both models. What a pity, therefore, that collectors then have to put up with a sheet of adhesive labels bearing different numbers when they open the box. This spoils an otherwise excellent set – it surely can’t cost that much more for Lledo to place the correct number on each model. Even if it did, I’m sure most collectors would agree that it was worth it. - - Shop here

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

VANGUARDS 1/43 MORRIS MINOR OPEN CONVERTIBLE


The Morris Minor open convertible comes along in dark blue with a grey body stripe. With the seperately fitted features such as door handles, windscreen wipers and mirrors, this is a nice model. Shop here

Sunday, September 12, 2010

CMC 1/18 - 1952 MERCEDES 300SL DIECAST MODEL "CARRERA PANAMERICAN"

1952 Mercedes 300 SL Diecast Car Model 1/18 Carrera Panamericana 3 Die Cast Car Model by CMC


This is the 1952 Mercedes Benz 300 SL as driven to a 2nd place finish in the Carrera Pan-Americana by Hermann Lang. Impeccable detail inside and out, you will marvel at the intricate detailing of this classic race car. No detail has been omitted or overlooked, from the fully detailed engine to the real wire laced wheels, authentic interior and more! These are among the best quality available for vintage and historic cars. Great stuff for you 1:18 collectors! This version boasts an all new decoration process that has been developed by CMC. Limited numbered edition of just 3,000 pieces For the racing coach of Mercedes Benz - Alfred Neubaner - only one victory was missing, the CARRERA PANAMERICANA, a long distance race in Latin America. With four competition cars -the Germans Kling and Lang in coup?s, the American John Fitch and a German journalist named G?nther Molter in roadsters -together with a team of 35 service people the crew flew to Latin America in November 1952 to take on the grueling race. Kling would win the race and Lang would finish 2nd.

DINKY NO.14 A - B.E.V. ELECTRIC TRUCK



B.E.V. Electric Truck; Dinky No.14a, issued in July 1948, renumbered 400 in 1954, and in production until 1960. Fitted with a diecast driver and a towing-hook, this model will be easy to find. Length 3.346in (85 mm) Shop here

Saturday, September 11, 2010

VANGUARDS 1/43 LAND ROVER MkII MORETON C CULLIMORE




Moreton C Cullimore & Sons was first etablished 80 years ago (1927) and is well known throughout the country for it's green trucks. During the 1960's and 1970's most of the companys support vehicles were Land Rovers and were used for a variety of duties, but primarily the movement of staff between working locations, supervisory staff and maintenance crews. WDD439J was the newest member of their Land Rover fleet, and entered service early in 1971. It operated under the name of Mr Chuckster from the Old Curiosity Shop from the Dickensian novels.

The Series II Land Rover made it's appearance in 1958 it was available in two different wheelbases and a range of different body styles. The Series II production continued essentially unaltered until 1971. Shop here

VANGUARDS 1/43 AUSTIN 1800 Mk2 - BRITISH AIRPORTS AUTHORITY POLICE




Until the mid 1970s, responsibility for policing Heathrow and Gatwick airports fell to the British Airports Authority Constabulary, before disbanding. They had their own unique fleet of vehicles, including this Austin 1800, based at Heathrow airport, and several Austin 1100s. The car modelled was equipped with a PA loudspeaker on the front and a microphone in the cabin, which allowed the car to be used for the control of crowds, something that was a common and an important part of that particular force’s duty. Buy it now

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

VANGUARDS 1/43 FORD THAMES TRADER BOX VAN



Produced between 1957 and 1965, the all-new forward control Ford Thames Trader range covered load capacities from 2 to 5 tons and was offered with petrol or diesel 4-6 cylinder engines, the latter being the first ever Ford developed and manufactured diesel units. Many variants were available including tippers, flat-beds, tankers and articulated tractor units, but this particular model features a box van body on a Thames Trader 5 ton chassis.

The Thames Trader comes as a box van, first in the familiar bright red of Brooke Bond Tea, the decoration on the sides promoting PG Tips with their familiar chimpanzee.


Saturday, September 4, 2010

1940'S GREYHOUND BUS CHICAGO


As Greyhound began updating its fleet following World War II, it turned to GM for new equipment, purchasing 2000 PD-series coaches between 1947 and 1948. Some design and mechanical elements were carried forward into 1950, when the partially restyled PD-4102 was introduced. With seats for 41 and a powerful diesel engine, this transition model received a new front end with the destination sign directly below the windshield. This was replaced in 1951 by the PD-4103, which included the same front, but also had a restyled rear area. Most of the 1501 examples built through 1953 served Greyhound, but some were purchased by other operations. With its classic lines, this model will be a welcome addition to HO highways. Finished in period colors and lettering schemes, the models also feature perfectly printed chrome window frames, turn signals and logos. A full interior, side view mirrors and authentic wheels are also included. The models come fully assembled from plastic and die cast parts, ready for service on layouts or display with any vintage vehicle collection. Buy it now

Thursday, September 2, 2010

CORGI 1:76 PLAXTON PARAGON WALLACE ARNOLD ORIGINAL OMNIBUS


Wallace Arnold and Shearings were both established in the early part of the 20th century and, through expansion and acquisition, have become nationally recognised for providing quality coach holidays. In March 2005, the two companies merged and before any decision was made to build a common brand, both companies were given decals as an exchange to aid the full integration of the two operators under one banner. Wallace Arnold coaches were given fleet numbers for the first time after this historic merger. This vehicle (fleet no 575) has now been transferred to the subsidiary, National Holidays fleet, and renumbered 928.
The Van Hoo Alizee is another highly praised model from Corgi. This coach arrives in a livery in which the actual coach is often seen, namely Wallace Arnold. Once again the paint finish and level of decoration are to a very high standard. Buy it now

SCHUCO 1/43 BMW 507






The BMW 507 made its debut at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York in the summer of 1955 and production began in November 1956. The body was almost entirely hand-formed of aluminum. The engine was the aluminum alloy BMW OHV V8, 3.2 liter displacement, with pushrod overhead valves. It had a pair of Solex Zenith two-barrel carburetors and was rated at 150 hp. The V8 was mated to a four-speed manual transmission with a variety of rear-differential ratios available. The 507 was capable of 0-60 mph in about 10 seconds, and the factory claimed a top speed of 141 mph, depending on gearing. The high level of craftsmanship BMW invested in every car made led to increasing production costs, ultimately pushing the U.S. price to $10,500, an amazing amount in the late '50s. Still, BMW lost money on every 507 built, and production was terminated in late 1959 after only 252 were built, plus two prototypes. Today the BMW 507 remains a milestone model for its styling. Of the 252 made, 202 are known to survive, a tribute to the car's appeal. Buy it now