Moreton C Cullimore & Sons was first etablished 80 years ago (1927) and is well known throughout the country for it's green trucks. During the 1960's and 1970's most of the companys support vehicles were Land Rovers and were used for a variety of duties, but primarily the movement of staff between working locations, supervisory staff and maintenance crews. WDD439J was the newest member of their Land Rover fleet, and entered service early in 1971. It operated under the name of Mr Chuckster from the Old Curiosity Shop from the Dickensian novels.
The Series II Land Rover made it's appearance in 1958 it was available in two different wheelbases and a range of different body styles. The Series II production continued essentially unaltered until 1971. Shop here